Recreational saltwater licenses and fees
So you booked a trip to Sarasota and will be fishing on your vacation lets go over some tourist information.
Q & A
I booked a fishing charter in Sarasota. Will I need a license?
Most fishing charters on a motorized boat will include a certain number of fishing licenses. Make sure to ask your captain or Siesta Key Concierge if you're not sure. If you plan to fish off a bridge, go kayak fishing or land fishing you will most likely need to purchase a license.
Who needs a Florida Fishing License?
Anyone between the ages of 16 and 65 who fishes in Florida must have a fishing license. Florida residents and/or nonresidents who take or attempt to take saltwater fish, crabs, clams, marine plants or other saltwater organisms a license is needed. Even if you a cast a line a license is needed.
Non-Resident Vistor Licenses (Sarasota Tourist)
- No License needed if 16 years of age or younger
- Booked a for-hire charter that has vessel license. Ask Captain
- How much is a fishing License for non-Florida residents: $17 for three days, $30 for seven days or $47 for one year. regardless of whether you fish from shore or a vessel.
- Where do I get my visitor license? You can pick up at Wal-Mart, sporting good stores, bait and tackle shops like Economy Tackle. You can also pay online; https://license.myfwc.com or call 888-FISH-Florida
Florida Resident Licenses (The Lucky Local)
- How much does saltwater fishing license cost: $17.00
- How long is my license valid? One calendar year
- Spiny Lobster, snook and tarpon permits and tags are required.
- How to Order Click on Link
Find more info http://myfwc.com/